KAMEI provides the following six-year manufacturer guarantee for all privately used KAMEI roof boxes, as of the date of manufacture imprinted on the base of the box. KAMEI provides a one-year guarantee for commercially used roof boxes (e.g. roof box hire). This does not affect the statutory warranty period.
1) KAMEI undertakes to repair or replace the roof box at its own expense if defects occur within the guarantee period. Repair or replacement may be provided by KAMEI itself or through one of its distributors. The choice of the type of guarantee service provided is at the discretion of KAMEI. This guarantee does not give rise to any other claims.
2) The guarantee obligation only applies in case of a defect, i.e. particularly not where:
- the defect has arisen from improper installation, handling or care, force majeure (e.g. storm, hail, flooding) or through natural wear-and-tear
- if the delivered item has been modified in terms of its construction or otherwise
- the defect has already been rectified by the customer or a third party instructed by the customer, or an attempt to repair has been made.
The guarantee does not cover the assumption of costs of direct or indirect consequential damage (e.g. the costs of any towing, parking, haulage, hire vehicle, disposal, compensation for loss of use, consequential damage to non-guaranteed parts). No compensation for salary or material costs is provided for: pneumatic springs, roof box keys and roof box locks, surface scratches, hinges, rust, luggage fittings, gaskets of any kind, accessories for the roof box interior and test drives and function checks.
3) Claims from the guarantee may only be asserted through an authorised KAMEI distributor against KAMEI GmbH & Co. KG, Heinrichswinkel 2, 38448 Wolfsburg, Germany.
4) The six-year guarantee period commences upon manufacture of the roof box. The date of manufacture can be found in the imprint on the underside of the roof box.
5) The guarantee applies in Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Great Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Rumania, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Hungary and Cyprus.
6) This guarantee does not affect the applicable statutory provisions and our General Terms and Conditions.
7) The invalidity of individual provisions of this guarantee undertaking will not affect the validity of the undertaking as a whole. In this case, the invalid provision shall be re-interpreted or supplemented in a manner which achieves the intended economic and legal purpose of the provision. The same applies for gaps in the provisions which become apparent in implementing the undertaking.
8) The place of jurisdiction for disputes arising from this agreement is Wolfsburg.
9) German law applies in the case of any disputes arising from this guarantee.